Dragon's Dogma II returns to show itself with a long gameplay
Here is some official information about the game, followed by the new movie.
Dragon's Dogma 2 is a narrative-driven action RPG that puts players in an immersive fantasy world as the Arisen. The player will lead a party of up to three AI companions known as Pawns, including the custom Main Pawn and up to two additional Pawns that can be recruited by other players or offline. Before embarking on each mission of your journey, it is essential to organize your group and make sure that each member is able to leverage the strengths of the others and mitigate their weaknesses by tactically selecting their classes. When players begin their journey in Dragon's Dogma 2, they will be able to choose their desired playstyle from the four classes initially available: Fighter, Archer, Thief, and Mage. Players can change the class of their Arisen and main Pawn at any time by visiting Class Guilds around the world and unlock new classes as they progress through the game.
Choose your class
- Combatant: The Fighter wields a sword and shield to break through enemy ranks and deliver powerful blows, while also using shields to protect himself and his allies.
- Archer: Archers use bows and arrows to hit enemies from afar and excel at hitting enemies in flight or creating opportunities for later attacks after hitting opponent's weak points.
- Thief: They attack with deadly speed, delivering quick and consecutive blows with daggers in both hands and demonstrating exceptional mobility. They quickly move away after striking, use gaps to cling to enemies, and inflict massive damage. Thieves can rob both enemies and NPCs.
- Wizard: Armed with his staff, the Wizard offers support to the team in various ways: he hurls magical attacks, recites spells that upgrade his companions' weapons, and launches healing formulas.
Itsuno also revealed the Archer-Mage and the Mystic Swordsman, two classes that will only be available to the player-controlled Arose.
- Archer-Mage: Using magic arrows, the Archer-Mage has a versatile set of moves that can attack, heal allies or even learn a custom skill that unleashes a devastating attack over a large area, at the cost of reducing his maximum life.
- Mystic Swordsman: Use his special Double Spear and magic to attack enemies from near or far with punitive blows or spells that can paralyze enemies or throw multiple objects at them.
Explore the nations of Dragon's Dogma 2
The story of Dragon's Dogma 2 is divided between two nations: Vermund, the realm of humans, and the beastly nation of wounds. Vermund is a land of rolling green hills, with a fortified capital populated by nobles and settlements of commoners surrounding the castle. Meanwhile, the steep canyons of Battahl are dotted with ancient ruins that have become the foundations of today's cities. When venturing outside the safety of each nation's cities, players will encounter travelers, merchants, soldiers, and other people going about their daily lives. Each character has their own motivations and goals and can even approach the Arisen with a mission. If a Pawn in your party is aware of a mission, they will offer to guide the Arisen to its destination. If the sky begins to darken during the journey, the Arisen should seek out a camp to sleep rather than brave the suffocating darkness and greater dangers of the night. Oxcarts also offer quick passage between major cities, but beware: these transports can be attacked before they arrive.