Frictional Games announces Amnesia: The Bunker and brings a gun to the party
Here are the official details, the announcement trailer and a set of images.
Armed with a revolver and a noisy dynamo torch, players will move through a dimly lit World War I bunker as a soldier French tormented by amnesia and hunted by an otherworldly creature.
Amnesia: The Bunker will test players' intelligence, courage and ability to stay calm under pressure and make quick decisions to solve problems. Multiple solutions are available for each task, puzzle and obstacle approach in the game; It's up to you to decide your moves.
The dark and gloomy corridors and tunnels are perhaps the least of the threats that haunt your every move. When everyone is dead, rations are running out and there is only one bullet left in the barrel of the gun, it's up to you to face the overwhelming terrors of the Bunker and get out alive.
In a semi-open world, Amnesia: The Bunker encourages the player to explore and experiment, using their wits and all the tools at their disposal to overcome the impending horrors. Players will feel a stressful amount of power in their hands. Each decision will change the outcome of the game as a result of the choices made. This new twist in gameplay adds new depth and constant tension to the game, forcing players to create new strategic paths in each match.
- Player Choice - emerging gameplay in a sandbox horror survival experience
- Unscripted environment: Objects , threats, and resources change with each game.
- Adaptive Horrible Threats - an ever-present creepy creature that haunts the player.
- Tactile immersion - brand new levels of interaction with the world through solving puzzles and manipulating tools.
- Compelling and terrifying tale: hell on earth in a frightening imaginary story.
- Immersive atmosphere and tension - enhanced lighting effects and carefully crafted sound effects for a truly horror experience.